Whatever your fabrication needs, 75mm, 90mm or 150mm, we have the workshop facilities to deliver your needs. We have an extensive capability to fabricate a very wide variety of structural, architectural and framing including:
- Fully-welded wall frames and roof trusses for regions A, C & D
- Fully-rated tek-screwed wall frames and roof trusses for regions A, C & D
- Suspended floors
- Structural components for domestic, commercial and industrial buildings
- Transportables of all sizes
- Street furniture
Our workshop is well set out and we can quickly turn around your job to the highest standard and on time – come and talk to our tradies!
Our in-house drafting team will convert your architectural and engineering drawings into workshop drawings and can provide component schedules, 3D models, erection plans as well as assist in error checking and specification requirements.
KMPL hold a framing and truss standard certified by a practising engineer that is accepted by all Kimberley and Pilbara Shires and the Ministry of Housing.
Don’t get blown away in a cyclone: talk to your builder about why you’ll be safer in a KMPL Standard fully-welded steel-frame and roof-truss system.
Our tek-screwed systems also rate across the board and are an increasingly popular choice across the region.
We can also fabricate to your own standard and drawings – satisfaction guaranteed.
Compare apples with apples
Ensure you don’t buy an inferior product missing key components. What looks cheaper on paper can turn into a nightmare on-site with your sub-contractors running around trying to put it all together when half the pieces are missing – and you’re paying! Others may charge you extra for everything the KMPL Standard frame specification includes:
- Frames are 1.2mm to 1.6mm x 75mm stud depending on the region, with a 1.6mm stiffened top plate.
- 140mm Jumbo studs are provided at wall junctions to provide plasterboard fixing points and to make the frames easier to install.
- 45 degree and 22.5 degree ends are provided for flush and tidy joining where walls are at 45 degrees.
- RHS/SHS beams and posts are provided in the frames as per engineering.
- Beam pockets will be added to frames for beams shown on the engineering.
- Bath trim 450mm above FFL is cut and welded in to the frame where baths are shown.
- Noggins to restrain frames or provide fixings for various cladding types.
- Elastoseal treatment to base of frames (Coal tar epoxy).
- Cast-in-plates and cast-in-stumps are provided as per engineering, we also provide a slab layout plan when you need it.
- Blue-tip, dyna-bolts and chemical anchors for structural bolt-down.
- All frame-to-frame fixings.
- Robe-heads where shown on the drawings.
- Nib walls to the bathroom/kitchen.
Here is a brief run down on selected items of our workshop
- The Kingsland 70xs steelworker will cut up to 300 x 20mm flatbar, 150 x 12mm equal angle iron, 45mm square and round bar and punch 30mm diameter holes through 16mm plate.
- We also have a 45xs steelworker to cope with heavy workloads.
- Our Rigid 300 compact threading machine will thread external threads on steel pipes and bars up to 60mm outside diameter and we have the following dies:
- ½ inch to 2 inch NPT
- ½ inch to 2 inch BSPT
- 12mm x 1.75mm, 16mm x 2mm, 20mm x 2.5mm and 24mm x 3mm threads.
- Our geared pedestal drill can drill holes up to 30mm diameter.
- Pipes, flat and round bar can be bent at our workshop using hydraulic and manual benders that will bend 60mm outside diameter pipe to 90 degrees.
- We have 3 x S350 Brobo manual metal cutting saws that are able to quickly and quietly cut hollow sections up to 125 x 75 x 6mm mild steel.
- For the perfect oxy-acetylene cut we have an Imp straight line cutter which can neatly cut up to 50mm mild steel plate.
- Drilling holes is made easy when you have 2 Atra Ace portable magnetic drills: an AO-3000 and an AO-5000 capable of drilling holes up to 50mm diameter through 50mm plate.
- Air Liquide Saf Zip 1.0 plasma cutter that will rapidly cut up to 12mm thick plate and a versatile Thermal Dynamics SL60 plasma cutter, both of which will neatly cut mild steel, stainless steel and aluminium.
- The workshop is equipped with five 250amp, twelve 330amp and two 400amp Cigweld mig welders set up with .9mm copper coated wire.
- Any aluminium work is performed using a Lincoln Electric 325 mig welder using 1.2mm wire.
- For the lighter material TIG welding is performed on mild or stainless steel, using a Transtig 150amp machine.